Jayne Scott is a management consultant who works with NHS Education for Scotland on a range of medical education projects. She leads the Medical ACT Project and has been involved in the development of SMERC since its inception.
Jayne also has extensive experience as a non-executive director, currently holding Ministerial appointments with the Marine Management Organisation and the Professional Standards Authority. She is also a panel member for the Competition and Markets Authority. She was previously a non-executive director and Audit Committee Chair of Ofgem, and Deputy Chairman of ENTRUST. She is a qualified Chartered Accountant and was Director of Finance and Performance Management of Fife Health Board prior to setting up her own consultancy company, the Scott Ross Partnership, which focuses on the health and education sectors. She won the Scottish Finance Director of the Year Award for the public sector in 1998.
Register of interests
- Partner, Scott Ross Partnership
- Non-executive Director, Marine Management Organisation
- Non-executive Director, Professional Standards Authority
- Audit committee Member, Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Audit Committee, Registers’ of Scotland
- Panel Member Competition and Markets Authority